Czarina San Jose
3rd Grade Inclusion
- Education, Endorsements, and Certifications:
- B.A. Sociology and Applied Psychology - University of California, Santa Barbara
- - Completed undergraduate summer programs at University of California, Los Angeles, New York University, and University of Hawaii at Manōa.
- - Dean's List
- M.Ed. Special Education - Loyola University Chicago
- - Endorsements: Learning Behavior Specialist 1 (K-21), General Education (K-9), English and Second Language (ESL)
- - Certification: Orton-Gillingham Dyslexia Certificate
- - School of Education Service Leadership Award Nominee
- - Graduate, Professional, Adult Student Leader Award Nominee
My name is Miss San Jose and this is my third year teaching at Bateman! I am the inclusion/ diverse learner teacher for 3rd grade reading and math, and 7th grade social studies this school year.
I am from Los Angeles, California. My passion for Special Education began when my brother was diagnosed with autism at the age of three. I have been living in Chicago for five years, and teaching for three, all of which have been at Bateman Elementary. In my spare time, I love to learn and experience new cultures through travel. I also love to play and watch sports, stay active by hiking, running, or martial arts, read, cook, and spend quality time with my family and friends.
This school year, I co-teach with Ms. Alberto (3rd Grade), Ms. Sterczek (3rd Grade), and Mr. Warden (7th grade).
In Ms. Alberto and Ms. Sterczek's classes, students will focus on reading comprehension and fluency, as they continue to increase their reading stamina and learn how to use reading strategies and skills with the help of our Lucy Calkins curriculum. In math, students will increase their addition and subtraction fluency, learn multiplication and division facts and strategies, fractions, and use key words to solve word problems using any of the four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
In Mr. Warden's class, students will apply their reading and writing skills to be successful historians.
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com for any questions you may have about our class and/ or your child's progress.